Bind 9 answer limit question

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj at ameritech.net
Tue Jul 20 17:45:07 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 06:12 pm, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
wrote:
> > I'm running Bind on FreeBSD, so it qualifies. ;)
>
> version information might be useful. 4, 8 or 9?
I, for one, would be curious, Eric, I'm thinking it must be Eric, since you
sped off your reply without signing it and I was forced to actually look at
it to see if there was a suitable name to use, I would be curious as to
exactly which version information you are asking for that might be helpful.
4, 8 or 9 of what? It can't be FreeBSD, there isn't a version 8 or 9. And, it
can't be Bind, I'm looking right at the subject line of Brent's e-mail and
yours, and reading, "Bind 9 answer limit question" so, it can't be that. I'm
wondering if your e-mail client, for some reason, doesn't show the subject
line, in which case, you wouldn't know that Brent, who did sign his post, by
the way, was referring to Bind9. Since my e-mail client does show the subject
line, I can tell you that he's referring to Bind9.

I have an idea. Why don't you tell him how it's done with djbdns? Or at the
very least, give him a rousing RTFM.

Holy cow! I just spotted another post from Brent, concerning a perl upgrade.
You didn't discourage him. You must have helped him after all.
Congratulations Eric, on a job well done. You are being promoted, according
to the Peter Principal, to a higher level, where you may dwell in peace on
thoughts of helping even more people.

Don