Anyone used portindex?

Radek Kozlowski radek at raadradd.com
Tue Jul 20 12:32:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 11:05:04AM -0700, Joshua Tinnin wrote:
> I came across portindex today, and I was wondering if anyone had experience
> using it. It appeals to me because of the description (link below), but I'd
> like to know if there are notable problems or conflicts.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/sysutils/portindex/pkg-descr

The recent versions work fine for me so instead of using make
index/portsdb -U, I switched to portindex. The only risk you take is a
possible (but not very likely to happen, I suppose) corrupted INDEX file,
which you can always recreate using make index/portsdb -U or fetch from
the freebsd.org site using make fetchindex, so I think you can safely
try it.

-Radek