Brian Smith smitho at mantech-wva.com
Tue Jul 20 07:37:29 PDT 2004

Hello,

I am trying to install FreeBSD-4.8-RELEASE on a Dell PE750.  I need to load
the aac driver so it will recognize my RAID drives.  It's not a part of the
GENERIC kernel that's loaded at the install boot and isn't an option on the
kernel config screen.  What do I do to load the aac driver before booting to
install?  I've got boot floppies to install from and 4.8 CD media too, so
installing from CD or network, either way is fine.  I think I need to load
aac.ko, but I don't know how to access it from the boot floppy or the CD.
Please help me!

Brian Smith
Associate Analyst/Programming
(304)466-1065 ext. 207