Card reader problems (was: changing card in a reader (revisited))

hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 16:04:14 PDT 2004

From: Martin <nakal at web.de>
Date: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:10 pm

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to disturb, but do you get panics with your card reader?
> I see someone posting about such device for the first time here
> (except me). What kernel are you using?
>
> I have a 4-slot reader/writer too and each time I plug it in,
> I get a panic instantly on CURRENT. I've always thought that it
> is because of four devices attaching at once, but it seems to
> work fine for you.
>
> Martin

Aloha Martin

I do not get any panics. I was running current but then
I went back to 5.2.1. I had current running to try
ndis but I am not where I can use that card so I
went back to see if there was any difference with
the card reader. Alas, they work the same way.

%uname -a
FreeBSD hp.hawaii.rr.com 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD
5.2.1-RELEASE-p9 #0: Thu Jul 15 10:14:33 HST 2004
   root at hp.hawaii.rr.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HPLAPTOP1  i386
%

Good luck
Robert