save-entropy cronjob "Added: not found" every 10 minutes

Duane Winner duanewinner at att.net
Mon Jul 19 09:30:57 PDT 2004

Hello,

Does anybody know what is going on with the crobjob
/usr/libexec/save-entropy that by default is scheduled to run every 10
minutes?

I'm getting tons of log mail because of this, but I don't want to just
comment out the cronjob because it is annoying.

It is only happening on one of my FreeBSD 5.2.1 boxes, and the only
thing I can figure that is causing it (different from other boxes) is
that it is running the dhcpd server.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Duane Winner

dwinner at icebox# mail
Mail version 8.1 6/6/93.  Type ? for help.
"/var/mail/dwinner": 2 messages 2 new
 >N  1 operator at localhost.locallan  Mon Jul 19 12:11  23/955   "Cron
<operator at icebox> /usr/libexec/save-entropy"
  N  2 operator at localhost.locallan  Mon Jul 19 12:22  23/955   "Cron
<operator at icebox> /usr/libexec/save-entropy"
&
Message 1:
 From operator at localhost.localan Mon Jul 19 12:11:01 2004
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:11:01 -0400 (EDT)