NetBSD->FreeBSD move: samba problem

Peter Risdon peter at circlesquared.com
Mon Jul 19 02:42:54 PDT 2004

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>>>Have you tried Start --> Run
>>>
>>>\\ipaddress.of.samba.server
>>>

> works. and AFTER THIS network neighborhood works too.
>
> any idea?
>
> i think that (as unusally) windoze is a problem

Yup. All I can say is that I've found this to work with reluctant
Windoze clients. I assume they are just *incredibly* slow to discover
the network.

Give them a week or two switched on, plugged into the network, doing
nothing, and they'd probably be fine on their own...

cc'ing to the list in case it helps anyone else.

Peter.