Xfree & Nvidia, Panic

Glyn Tebbutt d3c3it-linux at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 17 14:02:05 PDT 2004

Hi all
I've finally got a basic freebsd system up and running *my faults not
freebsd's* but im having a bugger of a time getting X to work. Well
working with GL.
I have just today updated my src, made a new world and custom kernel,
all working fine.
For X, when i have it setup as "nv", X works fine, but no GL. When i
have it as "nvidia" my system hangs, no error messages system hangs for
about 30seconds and then restarts.
I have been following this
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-January/031044.html and tried both methods, with nvidiaagp and freebsdagp, but i get the same results.
i disabled acpi but again same results.
the only things i havent done is recompile Xfree, from which if iam
going to do this id rather swap to xorg *as ive never tried this*

sys spec
p4 2ghz, 512mb, dvdcdrw, ti4200 128mb, maxtor 40gb hdd freebsd 5.2.1
relese_5_2

If i have posted this in the wrong list, please let me know and ill send
elsewhere
Thanks for any replies
| Glyn Tebbutt |   	    d3c3it-linux at ntlworld.com |
|--------------'  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
|    Lisa, if you dont like your job you dont strike, |
| You just go in everyday and do it really half-assed |
|              Thats the American way. -Homer Simpson |