dsl modem configuration

Luke luked at pobox.com
Sat Jul 17 13:49:57 PDT 2004

> I have a little problem with my dsl modem: CA-80U (Amigo USB).
> i can´t install it.

Does the modem show up in your dmesg?
If not, you probably don't have a driver for it installed.

Make sure you've got all the USB support you need compiled into your
kernel.
My system detected a Westell WireSpeed USB DSL modem as supported by
"ugen".  If "ugen" isn't working, you might try "ucom" and "umodem"
together.

If the modem is showing up in dmesg, then you don't need to change your
kernel - just configure the modem.  You'll need to get some information
from your ISP, like whether you're supposed to get your IP address through
PPoE, DHCP, or if it's static.