problem while installing FreeBSD

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Fri Jul 16 14:34:42 PDT 2004

> You will actually need "volume magic" instead of partition magic I believe.
> Unless the product has changed partition magic will not work with the server
> OS's from Microsoft.

I used it with Win 2000 and XP-pro, but not win 2003.
I had no problems with those two.   But, I had to make the PM boot
floppies as it tells in the PM instructions.  I made those under Win 2K
and they worked fine for both and to look at another machine delievered
with no OS on it.

I haven't heard of "Vo.ume Magic".

////jerry