Anjuta and libtools problem

Radu MOLNAR taipan at hawat.cc.ubbcluj.ro
Thu Jul 15 23:53:34 PDT 2004

> Christian Schüler wrote:
>
>> This problem may be related to the problem reported in this
>> post:
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-questions/2004-June/049088.html
>>
>> When trying to Autogen a new project, the configure script bails with the
>> message:

>> ./ltconfig: Can't open ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
>> configure: error: libtool configure failed
>>
>> I then created an empty ./ltconfig file inside the Project directory.
>> This fixed the Autogen process, but the build is nevertheless broken.
>> When I build a wizard generated test project, I get the following message:
>>
>> ../libtool: Can't open ../libtool: No such file or directory
>>
>> I do believe him that there is no ../libtool. So I tried to change
>> ./ltconfig to contain a line emitting where I have libtool installed, like
>> so
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> echo /usr/local/bin
>>
>> and another version
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> echo /usr/local/bin/libtool15
>>
>> however, to no avail. I also tried symlinking libtool to different
>> versions
>> like libtool13 and libtool15, and also copying a libtool executable to ../
>> relative to the project directory, nothing works.
>>

>> Now I am clueless. Has anyone running Anjuta-1.2.2 on FreeBSD?
>> Might be worth noting that I run xFce, not the complete Gnome package.
>>
>> -chris
>>
> Greetings!
>
> I'm the one that posted the original inquiry regarding my libtool problems,
> and I think you're experiencing a different kind of problem. It seems to me
> that your Anjuta does not properly create your project. Why this is, I do not
> know. Did you install Anjuta from ports, or did you download the sources off
> of its website? If the latter is true, it may be that whatever generates the
> scripts (or maybe even the scripts themselves) have hardcoded linuxisms in
> them.
>
> After creating a fresh project (any error messages notwithstanding), what's
> in the project directory? Could you give an ls of it? And where do you place
> your project directories? ~/Projects is the default, if I recall correctly.
> I'm thinking that since the files obviously aren't created it might be a
> permission problem. Just exhausting the possibilities here. :-)
>
> I did find the solution to my initial problem, by the way. I posted a
> follow-up in reply to myself, but I guess you've already read that.

I also have the same problem that you say you found the solution to but i
dont know how to pass the cpu-manufacturer-os-kernel argument to the
configure script. I get the error that you mentioned in your script when i
try to create a project. So at that stage how come there exists a
configure script? And also you said autogen.sh creates the configure
script. Isn't that file (autogen.sh) also created only then, when i create
the project? I dont know much (about anything) about the auto* stuff so
that's why my questions could be really stupid. I would also want to
configure everything from the gui if possible to make it as painless as
possible if you know how.

Thanks
Radu