ADI AD1888 AC'97 audio CODEC on ASUS P4P800S

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Thu Jul 15 21:54:57 PDT 2004

Thanks for the response...

Danny MacMillan wrote:
> It sounds to me like you don't have the little digital cable
> connecting from your CD-ROM to your sound card.  The equivalent
> task may work in Windows if they read the music through the
> IDE interface and pipe it through the sound card instead of
> channeling it through that "back-channel" communications
> channel.  I'm not up on the lingo but that's the first thing
> I'd check.

Yes....Well, I think...
That PC was my first ever assembled PC, it took me a lot of courage to
built that one...
I can still remember that I only connected both the power supply and
that "bus cable thing"...I have already mixed all of the unused cables
in one box...now I will have to dig/find that digital cable and go for a
trial and error thing...of course, I will have to look at the User Guide
of my MainBoard first...

Once again thank for the advice...

Srot BULL