unable to ping my ISP's Servers.

Joshua Lewis jmlewis at dslextreme.com
Thu Jul 15 20:17:43 PDT 2004

Do you hear people say they feel completly stupid becuase of what the
problem was often?

Well if you don't you do now.

After paying better attention to my startup log a little prase saying no
carrier stuck out this time. I checked my new switch that I bought for my
new setup and it looked fine. But something didn't feel write so I started
at the switch for about 20 seconds when I relized my switch shares the
uplink port with port 5 and that happens to be the port I plugged the
FreeBSD system into. So I moved the cable to a different port and viola.

Thanks as always for everyones advice. I learn something new every time I
talk to you guys. netstat -rn is pretty cool. Now I will just need to read
the man page to figure out what those flags mean.