problems getting ssh X11 fowarding

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Jul 15 06:41:35 PDT 2004

I've got 2 relativly recent STABLE machines which were originally but WP
any X functionailty at all. Now I;m starting to use gkrellm to monitor most
of my mahcines with the DISPLAy's all set to a workstation in my office.

I sucesfully compiled gkrellm from the ports on these machines, but I'm
having trouble getting ssh to do X11 fowarding back to my office machine
for these 2 machines. I checked the /etc/sshd_cinfig file, and it is the
same as on working machines. I killed the sshd and restarted it, but whn I
ssh to these 2 boxes DISPLAY does not get set.

Anyone have any ideas?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin