I get the screen saying to load default by selecting 1

Jerry Schromm schromms at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 11:23:53 PDT 2004

Hey everyone. First of all sorry for replying directly back to people when I was nicely given a reply. I didn't really know how this worked. Just starting out. I won't do that again.
I wasn't sure when I did reply and never replied to them all since it would have been outrageous rofl.

Well I finally burnt all the ISO's with all your help. I did make sure my FTP was in BINARY mode. At first I just downloaded them from my browser which might have been corrupting them. Then I integrated my FTP program into the browser so it automatically opened when I went to download. I set it to Binary and it downloaded fine.

 Not sure if it actually was corrupting it since I also got a bad burn again on the second disc I was burning. The first burn was fine. Anway I turned it down to 12X burn speed and they all recorded great. Though yesterday I ordered some discs off Ebay. From a guy that says he contributes to FreeBSD with the profits. I hope so.

QUESTION. I know I may be asking this question too soon. I should read that install book over. And take it step by step. I will. But for now I would enjoy a few replies on it.

When boot up from the miniinstal and the screen comes up giving me the options it doesn't let me select anything. I want to select 1 or enter for default. It doesn't work. Then Hault comes up and it's over.

I know I was reading you want me to reformat a partition ready for freebsd so maybe that is it since I have an op on it already. I read that I need to use my current op's operating system FDISK or I would use Diskpart myself. I just thought Freebsd would load it up and give me a reformat option at startup. I WILL START READING AN HOUR A DAY
I PROMISE NOT TO SLOW ALL OF YOU DOWN! THANKS

Talk to you all later,
Jerry Schromm