mmap()ed filenames?

Tyler Durdan ewemasq at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 01:50:41 PDT 2004

Is there a way to get the filename of an mmap()ed file
in the current process? For example, in Linux I can
open /proc/self/maps and get the filenames right
there. However, if I try to open /proc/getpid()/map on
FBSD, the only mapping info is "vnode" or "default" on
FBSD 4.10-BETA.

Is there any way to convert this info into the
filenames of mapped files?

Or perhaps an alternate method to accomplish this
goal?