VPN server

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Tue Jul 13 18:28:06 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "lycanthrope" <lycanthrope at post.htnet.hr>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 6:59 PM
Subject: VPN server

> hello
> I would like to setup my freebsd 5.2-CURRENT box as a VPN server for
windows 2k/xp clients, and enable them to use internet (PPPoE ADSL)
connection. the clients are on various subnets connected to my box via LAN.
> I consider using pptop port for setting up VPN server, but if you have
some other idea, please tell me...all I need is it to support win clients
(and authentication usrname/pass) and I want the users to be able to access
internet..that's all...
> the simpler the merrier :)
>
> thank you!!
>
> regards,marin

If you want to support mppe128, you can use netgraph-mpd
(/usr/ports/net/mpd/ in the 4.x tree)
It supports username / pass and ip to the vpn client. I would imagine this
is also available in the 5.x tree as well.

--

Micheal Patterson
TSG Network Administration

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
message.