Routing Training Books Please!!

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Tue Jul 13 13:23:58 PDT 2004

> After many years of waiting my company has a position opening up that I
> can fill. I spoke with the Net Admin and asked if there were any one skill
> that would be of a great benefit to my company and his response was
> Routing, IP and subnetting (ok so more then one. But I swear he can
> count).
>
> So here I am with maybe a month before they make a decision and I am
> thinking I should beef up on my skills.
>
> I am hoping someone out there may know of some "GREAT" (free, I am a poor
> slob) resources for Routing. I have exactly 0 experience in Routing. I do
> however have a Cisco 1700 at home to practice with.
>
> I could use some IP and subnetting refreshers so I am open to suggestions
> there too.
>
> I am sorry to bother everyone. I have had such great help from the FreeBSD
> community since I started running it at home I thought maybe someone out
> there may know of a good place for me to start.

Here are a few...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/community/routing_to.html

This one covers the OSI model, media and others...looks interesting:

http://www.ictglobal.com/ICT009/network_basics.html

and this to due with subnetting etc...subnetting is the most confusing, so
if you use it extensively in your environment, it may be a valuable asset
to have:

http://www.ralphb.net/IPSubnet/

HTH,

Cheers,