gamepad help

bbeday at yahoo.com bbeday at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 20:56:55 PDT 2004

hi,
  I'm new to freebsd and was wondering if there is documentation on howto set up a gamepad on freebsd.  I have a gravis pad that supports both usb and standard game ports but I am not sure how
to set it up?  what are the steps to loading it up as a kernel module using kldload?
does the game i am playing need to support usb in order to use the usb port?
can i simply load a driver and assume the application will respond to it?
In this case i am playing quake 2.  It works fine on freebsd, but i would like to
use a gamepad for it.  Thanks for your time.