SMP in the Kernel and NVIDIA Driver

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Mon Jul 12 17:26:01 PDT 2004

Josh Paetzel wrote:
> I have a SMP system w/ Nvidia card.  Trying to enable SMP while using the
> FreeBSD Nvidia drivers causes the system to lock up when starting X.  If you
> look in the archives there are other people experiencing the same issue.
>
> My workaround is to use an ATI card. :-/

Thanks for the reply...
Well, I will try to re-compile my kernel, enabling SMP and maybe try
X.org's "nv" driver...If everything works, I will look in the archives
(funny thing, I was looking at the archives about my Sound Card before
sending the email, but I forgot to check about SMP and Nvidia
Driver)...and maybe I will find some clues on how to use FreeBSD's
NVidia Driver and enable SMP as well...if nothing comes out, maybe I
will have to use "nv" driver...and wait if someone succeeds in using the
FreeBSD NVidia Driver...

Thanks again for the reply...

Srot BULL