3ware Escalade 7006-2 support?

Nicolai E M Plum nicolai-freebsd at esperi.org
Mon Jul 12 06:31:38 PDT 2004

Hi

I am using a 3ware Escalade 7000-2 under FreeBSD 4.8 and it works just fine
with the binary 3dmd configuration and monitoring program. I've been using it
for a couple of years now.

The current model from 3ware for this sort of purpose is the 7006-2. I just
want a small card with two discs for RAID1 use. I cannot actually find anyone
saying they are specifically using this card with FreeBSD 4.10. Can anyone
confirm that it works?

Do I have to use the binary web-interface 3dmd program still, or is there a
CLI I can use to configure and administer an array now?

Thanks

Nicolai