DNS server

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Sun Jul 11 11:11:03 PDT 2004

>No, it doesn't.  I can successfully perform a whois from here on your domain,
>but an nslookup/dig both fail.  Give it 72 hours to propagate across the net.

propagation is a bogus idea when applied to DNS.  Like WMD and "immediate
threat" when applied to Iraq.

As soon as the delegation and glue data for domain.tld is present in the
.tld servers, that data is instantaneously available across all of Internet.

dig @NS_auth_for_tld domain.tld  any

Forget about whois data, it is operationally irrelevant for DNS
operation.  whois protocol with whois servers, dns protocol with dns
servers, ne'ver the twain meet.

Len