Person new to FreeBSD needs help...

Saint Aardvark the Carpeted aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Sat Jul 10 17:27:31 PDT 2004

Jeff Erickson disturbed my sleep to write:
> I am new to FreeBSD and am having a problem. I downloaded the ISOs of
> Disk 1 and 2
> of version 4.10 and go through the installation and everything seems
> to be fine until I reboot. Then it says that it cannot load the kernel
> or kernel.old. What am I doing wrong?

Very strange -- those files should've been copied over as part of the
installation.  Are you able to post the exact message you get?

Does your installation span more than one disk?  Is this a dual-boot
machine?  Is there anything at all unusual about your setup?

--
Saint Aardvark the Carpeted
aardvark at saintaardvarkthecarpeted.com
Because the plural of Anecdote is Myth.