How Critical Is It To Use an ISP Running FreeBSD or BSD/OS?

Roop Nanuwa roop.nanuwa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 16:19:06 PDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:09:13 -0400, Bob Perry <rperry4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> I remember reading in The Complete FreeBSD, by Greg Lehey, that you'll
> be better off with an ISP that runs FreeBSD or BSD/OS.  Can anyone
> provide a scenario(s) where this would be most apparent?

I don't know Greg's reasoning for that statement but it does seem
rather wrong to me. Would you judge a waitress on their choice of
shoes? Of course not, you'd
judge them based on their service. Would you decide on who to hire to build you
a fence based on what kind of screwdriver they use?

Why would you choose an ISP based on what tool they use to provide you with a
service?

See how their service has been in the past and if their service meets
your needs,
that's all there really is to it.

--roop