FreeBSD wireless difficulty

Douglas Korinke dbkorink at eagle.fgcu.edu
Sat Jul 10 04:34:28 PDT 2004

Hello,

I had been having difficulty recently with getting my fbsd 4.9 machine to
connect to my linksys home wireless router and because of the problem, had
to upgrade to fbsd 5.2.1 and noticed more activity out of my wireless card.

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite 2405-S221 with a Avaya Wireless PCMCIA
card using the wi drivers to run it. I'm able to associate with the router
at home and am able to ping it without a problem but I can not browse
webpages and the like. I also have bsd-airtools installed and have used
dstumbler, the only problem being is that the program doesn't see my
wireless card.

Any tips or suggestions?

Doug

ICQ : 26096369