FreeBSD 4.10 i386 RELEASE Kernel

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Fri Jul 9 20:43:35 PDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:46:52 -0500
Josh Paetzel <friar_josh at tcbug.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 01:44:02AM +0100, YaDB??? Administration Team
> wrote:
> > Hi, i'm just wondering what Kernel version FreeBSD 4.10 i386 is
> > running on, as i'm trying to get my modem drivers (Aztech MR2800-W
> > v.90 Data/Fax Modem) for FreeBSD... yet I would need to know what
> > Kernel version FreeBSD is running on.
> >
> > If you could recommend some sites for where I could find my modem
> > drivers for linux I would be more than greatfull...
> >
> > Thanks
> > - Oryx
> >
> > P.S: Nice work on FreeBSD, I hope it gets better in the future :)
>
> FreeBSD doesn't use linux kernels.  It's using the 4.10-RELEASE GENERIC
> kernel.  For what it's worth, most winmodems don't work in FreeBSD

yadb,

if your Aztech winmodem is of a Lucent chipset, there is a chance that it
will work.  check out /usr/ports/comms/ltmdm for the specifics.  thanks to
that port, i am able to post silly replies like this.

also, check for any other winmodem ports.   i don't know the +10k ports in
the tree by heart, but there might well be others.  both freebsd.org and
freshports.org provide simple web based search engines.

hope this helps.

cheers,
epi