Moving my Outlook PST file to any BSD E-mail client

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Jul 9 09:50:30 PDT 2004

"Joshua Lewis" <jmlewis at dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of an e-mail client that supports importing an outlook
> .PST file.
>
> If I can move my old e-mail onto my new machine then I can be done with
> Microsoft.

This is a bit of "the long way around", but I've done it, so I know it
works.

We set up a temporary IMAP server, and used Outlook to copy all the mail
and folders up to the IMAP server.  Then you can just connect to the IMAP
server with your new mail client to get at all your stuff.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies