free bsd4.4 lite

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Thu Jul 8 06:03:07 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 05:48:37AM -0700, amith bc wrote:
> And how is TCP Reset spoofing vulnerability taken care
> in BSD? Pl. refer this site which talks of this
> vulnerability.
> http://www.osvdb.org/displayvuln.php?osvdb_id=4030.
> Related issue to this is
> http://www.osvdb.org/displayvuln.php?osvdb_id=6094 for
> which BSD has given patches. Please help as this is
> critical to our project.

Do you work for IBM, or under contract to IBM?
I remember when I used OS/2 about 7 years ago that
the people at IBM in North Carolina had ported their TCP
stack from BSD Unix.  IBM's port may be earlier than when FreeBSD 4.4 was
released.  You may be using the "4.4 BSD Lite version", which would
map to FreeBSD 2.2 or so.

Look at: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/share/misc/bsd-family-tree?rev=1.81
for a comprehensive list of BSD versions out there.

For a CVS log of the FreeBSD version of the file which you are interested in,
look at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet/tcp_input.c

There have been some TCP reset changes since FreeBSD 2.2 (which is quite
an old version).

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org