Vinum panic on boot

Mario Doria mariodoria at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 00:21:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

Another vinum question. I have a machine running 5-CURRENT sources from
yesterday (yes I know the dangers of running CURRENT and I did read the
mailing list archives).  I think I found a bug, if I add
start_vinum="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, at boot I get a panic with a message
saying:

panic: vinum: dangling vnode <snip>

Im sorry I do not have the complete message, it is the machine I am using
as a gateway and I prefered to get online and find some more information.
I'd be happy to compile a debugging kernel if necessary.

The problem does not happen if after booting I do a "vinum start", vinum
works great.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

Mario