WPC11 ver 3 or bust...

Eric Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Wed Jul 7 19:25:18 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I posted almost a week ago about not being able to use my 16-bit PCMCIA
Linksys WPC-11 v3 wifi card.  This card always worked well under 4.9,
but I can't get it to work under 5.2.1.  The card is recognized, and I
can even assign IP addresses and such, but it never associates to my
wireless network, even if I set ssid, channel, media, etc, manually.  If
I pull the card out, I get the following message in my logfile:

wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear

I'm at the point where I'm thinking of going back to 4.9 (well, 4.10
now) so that I can use wifi again.  The only reason I went to 5.2.1 was
for better power management, but that doesn't really do anything for me
anyways.

If I can't get this to work within the next day or so, I'm going to just
reinstall 4.x.

Thanks for your help!

Eric

Found on Conan O'Brian:
Children's books written by celebrities;
   By Mel Gibson: Jesus Christ and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
Bad Day.

-----
Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world WILL turn.

-----
Eric F Crist