Turning off submission (587) port

Dick Davies rasputnik at hellooperator.net
Wed Jul 7 11:33:42 PDT 2004

* Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> [0701 18:01]:
> Folks,
> 	I would prefer to shut this port down if I can. I'm unsure if and how it
> can/do it. Other then that, would there be an effective ipfw rule that would
> block this?
>
> 	If the above needs recompiling sendmail, then I would certainly prefer the
> latter.

While we're on the subject, how do I stop sendmail starting, and
sow salt on the inodes so nothing grows there again?
I want exim instead.

I grepped quickly through /etc/defaults/rc.conf and didn't see anything
obvious. And ISTR there's a make.conf option too, isn't there?

(I've been away since freeBSD 4.7 ish).

--
Here's something to think about:  How come you never see a headline like
`Psychic Wins Lottery'?