APM and DRI lockups when suspending

Duane Winner duanewinner at att.net
Wed Jul 7 10:40:57 PDT 2004

Does anybody know if there is a workaround for the problem with DRI and
APM within X?

If I load the DRI module in my XF86Config file, and attempt to suspend
my laptop, the system freezes on resume, then reboots.

If I comment out the line "Load dri" out of the Module section in
/etc/X11/XF86Config, all is well.

But now I don't have direct rendering capability, correct? I don't think
I have any apps yet that need direct rendering, so it probably isn't a
huge deal (yet), but I would like to have it enable if possible.

Does anybody know of a solution or simple workaround for this problem?

Thanks,
Duane Winner