bypass no new partitions protection ?

Hugo Silva klr at 6s-gaming.com
Wed Jul 7 08:30:40 PDT 2004

Hi all

In one of my servers I left a 80GB disk unpartitioned to later partitition
it according to my needs, only to have sysinstall always complain it
couldn't write to ad1. I've googled a bit and it seems its related to some
kind of protection that won't allow the system to create any new
partitions while the system is running.

Is there any way to bypass this behaviour? a patch? a trick ? I really
need to overcome this but found no way. There should be a way to create
partitions on the 2nd disk, since it's not being used by the system..

Many thanks!

--
www.6s-gaming.com