cvsupfile checkup

Adam Smith adam at internode.com.au
Tue Jul 6 16:27:15 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 03:59:05PM -0700, David Bear said:
> before I munge a system again with a wrong cvsup tag, I thought I
> would ask the good graces of this group to make sure I have my tags
> correct.  I want to stay with releng 4.10 and keep my ports collection
> updated as well.  does this file look okay?

This looks like a release-supfile (to update your /usr/src tree), and not a
ports-supfile.  Here are some basic instructions that I'd give out to get
cvsup working nicely:

Have a look at http://www.bugman.cx/cvsup/.  Copy the three files I have
there into your /etc directory and vim them all to taste.  Make sure you
modify them all!!  You will want to change the cvsup host to something local
to you, and you will probably want to remove WITHOUT_X11 and other
make.conf tags like that, and don't forget to change the release tag in
release-supfile.

It's pretty straight forward.

Now that you have these files, go into /usr/src or /usr/ports and type
'make update'.  By keeping these default options in /etc/make.conf,
whenever you run make, they are passed as default options.

It's easy to keep your ports/src trees up to date this way.

> *default  host=cvsup10.FreeBSD.org
> *default  base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> *default  prefix=/usr
> *default  release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
> *default  tag=RELENG_4_10
> ports-all tag=.
> src-all tag=.
>
> --
> David Bear
> phone: 	480-965-8257
> fax: 	480-965-9189
> College of Public Programs/ASU
> Wilson Hall 232
> Tempe, AZ 85287-0803
>  "Beware the IP portfolio, everyone will be suspect of trespassing"

Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net
Phone		: (08) 8228 2999

Dog for sale:  Eats lots and is fond of children.