portsdb -Uu error

Ariane & Ron Joordens joordens at jeack.com.au
Mon Jul 5 20:08:21 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have just cvsupped successfully and tried to run portsdb -Uu. I received the
following error:
freebsd# portsdb -Uu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait..fr-mozilla-flp-1.7: "/usr/ports/www/mozilla-gtk2" non-existent --
dependency list incomplete
===> french/mozilla-flp failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections).  If
so, then report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with
relevant details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD
version, environment and /etc/make.conf settings).

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
failed to generate INDEX!
portsdb: index generation error

I have FreeBSD 4.10, I cvsup to RELENG_4_10 and refuse nothing.

freebsd# uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd.home.com 4.10-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE #0: Fri May 28
21:00:30 GMT 2004

This is my cvs-supfile:
# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile,v 1.26.2.11 2003/09/12
19:01:13 ceri Exp $

*default host=cvsup.au.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default tag=RELENG_4_10
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.

This is my /etc/make.conf file:
#make.conf file contains options for rebuilding the system and ports from
source
#Copied from tutorial: Turn FreeBSD into a Multimedia Workstation by Dru
Lavigne
#
CPUTYPE=p3
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
CXXFLAGS+= -funroll-loops
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
#
#To avoid building various parts of the base system:
NO_BIND=	true	# do not build BIND
NO_FORTRAN=	true	# do not build g77 and related libraries
NO_I4B=	true	# do not build isdn4bsd package
NOPROFILE=	true	# Avoid compiling profiled libraries
NOUUCP=	true	# do not build uucp related programs
DOC_LANG=	en_US.ISO8859-1
#
USA_RESIDENT=		YES

Does anyone know if this is a problem with french/mozilla-flp or a problem
with my setup? Do you need more info?

Thanks for your help.

Ron

Please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list on this address