Floppy drive with other memory device slots

Tom Parquette BCSFD204 at twcny.rr.com
Sun Jul 4 12:37:50 PDT 2004

I was wandering through Comp-USA this morning and I noticed a floppy
drive on the shelf that had sockets for other memory devices.  e.g.
secure digital cards.  I found it on their web site at:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=311195&pfp=BROWSE

It appears to be made by a company called FMI.  I could not seem to find
an operatble link to the vendor or guess correctly at a URL.  Google
seems to bring me back to Comp-USA's web site.  I found some hardware
requirements that make me think this plugs into the FDD cable and there
may be a jumper that goes to a set of USB pins on the motherboard.

The FBSD 5.2.1 hardware notes page didn't seem to say anything about a
device like this.  However, if my reading betwen the lines of the
hardware requirements is accurate, it sounds like it could just drop
right in and work with generic drivers.

I'm thinking about building a multiheaded X desktop in a small case to
save desktop space.  This drive, since I would have to pick up a floppy
drive anyway, appears to be a versitile option for a SFF machine.

Anybody have any information/experience with something like this?
TIA...