Updating newly installed FreeBSD-5.2.1

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sun Jul 4 06:03:15 PDT 2004

Hi,
  Thanks for the response.

----- Original Message -----
From: "platanthera <platanthera at web.de>"
To: To freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 04 Jul, 2004 13:47 BST
Subject: Re: Updating newly installed FreeBSD-5.2.1

> On Sunday 04 July 2004 14:26, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hello,
> >      Forgive the simple question here, please.
> >
> > I've just installed FreeBSD-5.2.1 from BSDMall's CD-Set, and I wanted
> > to do what I'd usually do with a new installation of FreeBSD-4.x,
> > which is to update it to the latest "stable" of that version. Now I
> > know that there is no "Stable" version of 5.x as yet, but I wondered
> > what it is that the supfiles located at /usr/share/examples/cvsup
> > should be for what I want to do.
> >
> > The standard-supfile that is currently on my 5.2.1 install has :
> >
> > *default release=cvs tag=.
> >
> > Isn't that going to get me CURRENT?
> >
> > I had a look for what I would have thought should be branch
> > information for RELENG_5_2_1, but couldn't actually find anything.
> > What should I use?
>
> just use
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_2

Cheers for that.., You might have seen my reply to a previous responder who suggested the same as you. I just had a subsequent question on confirming that I should indeed be using the "standard-supfile" as I planned. Could I ask you to verify that this supfile is the one to use (as against stable-supfile, that is) in this case, please?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Stacey