Updating newly installed FreeBSD-5.2.1

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sun Jul 4 05:26:23 PDT 2004

Hello,
     Forgive the simple question here, please.

I've just installed FreeBSD-5.2.1 from BSDMall's CD-Set, and I wanted to do what I'd usually do with a new installation of FreeBSD-4.x, which is to update it to the latest "stable" of that version. Now I know that there is no "Stable" version of 5.x as yet, but I wondered what it is that the supfiles located at /usr/share/examples/cvsup should be for what I want to do.

The standard-supfile that is currently on my 5.2.1 install has :

*default release=cvs tag=.

Isn't that going to get me CURRENT?

I had a look for what I would have thought should be branch information for RELENG_5_2_1, but couldn't actually find anything. What should I use?

Regards,

Stacey