IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT ignored by recent kernel/world?

Rob stopspam at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 4 05:15:23 PDT 2004

Dan Pelleg wrote:
> I have a patch for that in kern/46080. Note I haven't tested it in a while
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/46080

So what I observed (security logfile get floaded with ipfw2 logs) is actually
a kind of bug. If so, I'd rather wait till the fix makes it into the official
sources. If not, then I won't change my own sources.

Work around for now could be to add a "logamount" statement to each of the
logging rules of ipfw2. Right?

Thanks!

Regards,
Rob.

PS: does this problem also occur in CURRENT, which uses by default IPFW2 ?