sound-card // dsp1

Hugo Silva klr at 6s-gaming.com
Sat Jul 3 19:50:08 PDT 2004

Hi,

I need to create a dsp1 device. I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9

I've tried:
[root at europa:/dev]# mknod /dev/dsp1 c 30 0x00000013
mknod: /dev/dsp1: No such file or directory

but no luck.. I need this device because I need to use two programs who
will put dsp device in r/w. So the second will always fail. The only way I
see to fix this is creating a dsp1 device, make the first program use
/dev/dsp and the second use /dev/dsp1 ...

Increasing the vchans didn't work, this seems to work only for playback
(can have xmms,teamspeak,mplayer.. but when I lauch Enemy Territory, it
will be soundless, because it opens dsp in rw and TeamSpeak already has
dsp in rw)

Someone suggested using artsdsp, but:
/data/games/enemy-territory/et.x86: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/libartsdsp.so.0: ELF file OS ABI invalid

..

I've been trying to find a way around this for 4 hours now and still
nothing :-) So, perhaps someone knows the answer to this one ?

Regards

--
www.6s-gaming.com