Intel i845G chip and TV out?

Alex K lesha at intercaf.ru
Sat Jul 3 13:30:08 PDT 2004

Hello everyone!

I have spent some time googling around, but found no usefull information
about enabling TV out on i845G under freebsd. On Linux it is avaible with
Intel supplied XF86 driver. As described in:
http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/27404103.pdf

Anyone have any information on the subject?

What is required for this switch from drivers view?
Just a kind of control sequence sent to card or something more complex?

Thanks.
          AL.

p.s. I will be delighted to watch DVDs on my TV set.
      I can't do it under "other OS" because my drive's region code
      is different from those on DVDs that are selling here locally.