Disk about to fail

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Thu Jul 1 06:11:58 PDT 2004

> Best? Get your data off the disk *yesterday*, in descending priority
> order, and use the platters for wind chimes.

	I'm doing rsyncs every few hours.

	The problem is that once it has a critical enough issue, I'll not
be able to mount the volume (I'm not 100% sure its /var, I was hoping that
by some way via the LBA I could track back to what filesystem and file it
is. Sans this, when it does fail, how can I "reformat" it so that it does
some sort of block checking and doesn't use bad spots? I can't find anything
in newfs that will tell it to do this.

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.