Question on cvsuping ports tree

jwilliams at pop.courtesymortgage.com jwilliams at pop.courtesymortgage.com
Sat Jan 31 23:27:50 PST 2004

I was reading a article at www.onlamp.com in the FreeBSD section regarding
the use of the portupgrade package. As I was reading the article, it stated
that everytime you cvsup your ports tree, your /usr/ports/INDEX file should
reflect the update with a new time stamp, showing the last time the ports
tree was updated.

After updating my tree today and checking out the /usr/ports/INDEX file, it
should the incorrect date. It should a date about a week old actually.

SO my question is, what is going on? Is the article incorrect in what it
stated? Or is there something else I need to do that I am missing?

I do appreciate the help and explanation.

Jason