NFS performances on 5.1

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Sat Jan 31 15:41:50 PST 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 00:26, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2004 19:03, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > On Saturday 31 January 2004 17:11, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > > Did you read the notes in src/UPDATING saying:
> > > NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT FreeBSD 5.x IS SLOW:
> >
> > Could you pleas explain that numbers?
>
> No, because you also failed to mention if you've read that section and
> disabled WITNESS and so on.

Ok, it was another thread where I mentioned that I'm tracking current for a
long time, but of course I read it, I even can't remember when it was
defaulted to be excluded. So I have code from today and I use similar generic
options for today in my kernel.
Btw, I replyed to the wrong posting, I asked Jacques Beigbeder to explain his
numbers.

And even with WITNESS and INVARIANTS in the kernel it would be poor
performance since the difference is just about 10-20 percent. (last time I
checked, which is a while ago)

-Harry