i found something ugly about freeBSD

zzerver at hotmail.com zzerver at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:00:46 PST 2004

Am probably wrong i hope.... but mysqld creates a file call /tmp/mysql.sock   but this file got to be 777??? ...i loging with a other useran call a rm /ytmp/mysql.sock and mysql stop working ...O_o ..but then i did this ...
# chmod -R 777 /tmp
# /usr/local/blabla/sh mysql-server.sh start
# chmod o-w /tmp/mysql.sock
..and then again mysql stop working ...soo ...from my as a administrador this is not posible ...because some body rm that file and ..thats ir ...mysql stops ...my setting bad?plz help me