Booting Release 5.2 and XP

K Claussen bayp at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 29 16:14:43 PST 2004

greg wrote:

> I want to be able to dual boot into FreeBSD and Windows XP. Right now
> FreeBSD is booting just fine.
>
> Windows XP is on a FAT32 filesystem on the first primary partition of
> the second hard drive. The second hard drive is the secondary master.

[.. snip ..]

> Maybe there is another boot loader I could use that would allow me to
> fool Windows XP into thinking it is the first hard drive?
>
> I would use GRUB, but it does not support being installed on a UFS2
> filesystem yet.

I actually did something similar -- if not exactly the same.. the best
solution that I could come up with was to use BootIt NG
(http://www.bootitng.com/) to boot the system. That was the only of the
approximately 15 solutions that I tried that worked.

Now, the PC in question is exclusively FreeBSD, so I don't have to worry
about it.. but check out BootIt NG.. also, I'd be curious if anyone had
any luck with other methods..

-- Kurt

--
Kurt Claussen <bayp at sdf.lonestar.org>