locking a user into one directory

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Wed Jan 28 18:12:04 PST 2004

	I've seen this explained before, but I've never taken much interest in it
as I never had a need for it.  Well, it's starting to look like I do.  What
I'm wanting to do is give shell access to a user to shell into the mail
server, check their mail, and that's it.  I don't want them to be able to
wander outside of their home directory.  I think it's called a jail, but I
don't remember.  Does anyone know what it is I need and have a tutorial for
it or know where I can find one?  Much appreciated.