Enabling Macromedia Flash

Didier WIROTH didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Wed Jan 28 06:41:08 PST 2004

Hi,
I didn't know libmap.conf until this post.
I've read the man 5 libmap.conf but I don't really understand how this
works.

If we take the 2 first row from below as a sample:
> [/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
> libpthread.so.0                 liblthread.so.3
> libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        liblstdc++.so.4
> libm.so.6                       libm.so.2
> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so

Can this be we interpreted this way:
a) /usr/../liblfashplayer.so requires libpthread.so.0
b) libpthread.so.0 is not present, it should use liblthread.so.3 instead

Is that correct? Or how should it be explained?