gettext

Brian H b1henning at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 06:15:40 PST 2004

Background:
I ran cvsup last night along with pkgdb -F, after doing so I tried to do a
portinstall of evolution (which requires gettext).

Apparently a new version of gettext came out because everytime I try to
install a port that requires gettext I get an error like the following.

..snip
Making all in m4
===>  Installing for gettext-0.12.1
===>  gettext-0.12.1 conflicts with installed package(s):
      gettext-0.13.1
      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext-old.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/misc/gnomemimedata.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gal2.
*** Error code 1

Maybe I messed something up during the pkgdb command.
Can someone help me figure out what to do to get the evolution port
to install?

Thanks,

Brian