Internal cvsup server?

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Jan 28 05:39:05 PST 2004

I'm supporting a fair number of FreeBSD machines that live behind a very
restrictive corporate firewall.

I finally managed to get the powers that be to agree to open up the port
for cvsup, but they want to limit it to one IP address. Actually this is
probably not a bad solution.

My plan is to set up an internal cvsup master machine, and cvsup the
internal machines from it. I'm only interested in the STABLE branch, and
really on the latest version of that.

Can anyone point me to some documentation on how to go about setting this
up?

My knowledge level is very basic here, as I have only used cvsup, never set
it up.

Thanks.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin