Default route problem

Martin and Belinda Richardson m.b.richardson at keypoint.com.au
Tue Jan 27 20:59:27 PST 2004

Hi Luke,
		thanks for the reply. I would have thought that rc.conf was the place to
look, but maybe not the only place...
Here is a copy of netstat -rn
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif Expire
default            192.168.55.8       UGSc        1        0    vx0
127.0.0.1          127.0.0.1          UH          0        2    lo0
192.168.55         link#1             UC          1        0    vx0
192.168.55.1       00:a0:24:b3:c9:b6  UHLW        2     3840    lo0

in the bootup display (not available from DMESG), it says  it is adding a
default route, just as if you were doing it manually. I know it is no
problem to "route delete default" and this works fine, but all it takes is a
reboot, and Im back to square one! The person I am building the gateway for
is not un*x savvy, and he justs wants something that sits quietly in the
corner. Sooner or later he will probably reboot...

Thanks again.

Cheers, Martin